Making your own sauces doesn’t have to be scary.
What you will need:
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- 6 peppercorns
- 1 to 2 points of star anise
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 rashers of crisp turkey bacon, chopped
- How you can do it:
- Boil peppercorns and star anise in the vinegar until it is reduced to 1 tbsp.
- Remove from heat and retrieve the seasoning.
- Beat egg yolks vigorously with reduced vinegar.
- Slowly pour in melted butter as you vigorously whisk egg mixture, omitting the butter solids at the bottom.
- Stir in chopped bacon bits.